Freeman PFR2190 21-Degree Full-Head Framing Nailer Review
When you are planning to do some wall installment or other heavy duty task, a sturdy reliable nailer could be what you really need. You will need something that you can depend on, that will do the task perfectly and will not break down.
The Freeman PFR2190 framing nailer is perfect for wall and fence installment as well as framing and basically any heavy duty task that requires nails that range from 2 inches to 3.5 inches. The nailer is made of magnesium which makes it super sturdy and heavy duty. It will work for hours and will help you finish any DIY project with ease.
This nailer is super study with a body made of magnesium and an internal aluminium cylinder and magazine. It is not so heavy weighing about 10 pounds and this will allow you to carry on your DIY tasks fine. Magnesium will not rust or deteriorate and the nailer comes with a no mar tip to keep your surfaces clean and protect them for a professional finish.
It supports any nail that is between 2 inches and 3.5 inches. Making it the best nailer for difficult and heavy duty tasks. It also has an air duster to ensure that your working surface is clean and dust free for the cleanest and most polished finish. This nailer is perfect for an amateur who is doing a heavy duty DIY project.
Different tasks will be carried on in different ways. The Freeman PFR2190 nailer provides the option for whoever is using it to choose between 2 firing modes. Single firing allows you to set the trigger every time you try to fire a nail from the nailer.
On contact firing will release a nail every time the nailer touches a surface with no further adjustment. The nailer has an anti-fire option when you have only 5 nails left and this way you will get the chance to know how many nails left and when do you need to have the nailer reloaded.
This nailer comes with a 7 year warranty. This is very useful as nailers are heavy duty tools. If you are using a nailer for a DIY project then you will probably use it for months. And everyday you are going to use it for long hours.
And unfortunately tools and machines do break down. But this warranty comes in handy as they will take care of whatever the problem is and will probably replace it. This nailer is not made in the USA; it is made in China but still is of very good quality.
The company states that each nailer was subject to extreme quality control tests and this is why they assume responsibility for any malfunctioning.
Highlighted Features and specification
- Best quality service ensured by the USA
- No need to add oil
- Long lasting magnesium body
- Work in various nailing job besides Framing
- For working in different surfaces it has depth adjustment & a no-mar tip
- Very powerful, tough and VERSATILE product
- For easy firing job, it has interchangeable triggers
- Includes item: wrenches and a plastic case
- Nail size: From 2 inch to 3.5 inch
- Magazine Capacity: 55 nails
- Air pressure: 60 – 115 psi
- Included materials: A case
- Weight: 8.5 pounds
- Dimensions : 18 x 2 x 12 inches
- Warranty: Professional 7-Year Limited Warranty
- Very rare double fire
- Can drive very consistently
- Can do multiple jobs but best uses for the entire basement
- high gloss paint
- Sturdy durable nailer.
- Dual firing mode.
- No-mar tip.
- Adjustable depth setting.
- Adjustable air exhaust to protect your eyes against those nasty air puffs.
- You have to remove the jammed nails yourself.
- The head might come off with heavy use.
- Jamming reported when there are a few nails left.
- You can only add up to 55 nails so you will probably be needing to reload new ones often.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is this nailer air powered?
Q: Does it come with safety googles?
Q: How do I remove nail jams?
A: To avoid nail jams, try to make sure that the nailer has more than 5 nails that overlap correctly. You can use another free nail to extract the jammed nail.
This nailer is very good value for money. It is built using sturdy and durable material and is fit for many high demanding decoration tasks. It comes with a 7-year warranty which will definitely come in handy with repetitive use and probable accidents.
It does, however, jam when there are a few nails left in the magazine and there is no feature to unjam it. So you have to extract the jammed nail yourself. It does come with an adjustable air exhaust and an adjustable depth setting. All of this put together in a nice plastic tool bag that will help you carry your nailer around.